Sorry, this job has expired.
The Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority is now hiring Maintenance Workers. These are temporary positions.
As a Maintenance Worker you will perform a variety of mechanical work requiring the skills, knowledge, and use of proper work methods, tools, equipment, and materials.
• Troubleshoot and repair plumbing fixtures and installations, including faucets, sinks, toilets, wash bowls, water heaters, water tanks, garbage disposal units and sump pumps for malfunction, blockage or failure.
• Perform carpentry work (e.g. laying tile and underlayment, and rebuilding floors).
• Repair and prepare metal, wood, masonry, plaster and drywall surfaces for painting.
• Mix and apply paint to interior and exterior surfaces.
• Install and repair metal and wood cabinets, doors and windows.
• Level, shape, and smooth surfaces of freshly poured concrete.
• Finish exposed concrete surfaces by rodding, screeding, floating, toweling and patching areas of sidewalks, driveways, and parking lots.
• Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble and install electrical conduit.
• Splice and pull wiring.
• Install lights, switches, plugs, and raceways.
• Connect electric power equipment, electric heating panels, and stoves.
• Test circuits for continuity shorts and grounds.
• Troubleshoot and repair forced air furnaces and hot water tanks.
The Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority was established in December of 1933 under the provisions of the Ohio Housing Authority Law and is an asset to Hamilton County. For more than 80 years the agency has provided quality, affordable rental housing opportunities for individuals and families throughout the county. CMHA has established a Gold Performance Standard to ensure that the resources CMHA provides are meeting the needs of the residents of Hamilton County.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.